At the end of this unit you will
be able to
1. List the seven properties of life and relate them to a living organism.
2. Describe the seven organizing themes of biology.
3. Describe several areas of biological research.
4. Describe the stages common to scientific investigation.
5. Distinguish between forming a hypothesis and making a prediction.
6. Differentiate a control group from an experimental group.
7. Differentiate an independent variable from a dependent variable.
8. Define the term theory and discuss the process of constructing a
9. Organize and graph data using an online graphing tool.
10. Follow the steps of the Scientific Method in an online investigation
and prepare a lab report using a Lab Report Template.