At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. compare the Primordial Soup and Bubble Models for the origin of biochemicals.
2. describe how cellular organization might have begun.
3. recognize the importance of hereditary mechanisms for the development
4. distinguish between two major groups of prokaryotes, the Archaebacteria
and the Eubacteria.
5. describe the evolution of eukaryotes.
6. relate the development of ozone to the adaptation of life on land.
7. describe how multicellular organisms came to live on land.
8. summarize the main points of Darwin’s theory of evolution by
9. describe the process of species formation.
10. compare and contrast gradualism and punctuated equilibrium models