At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. describe why a virus is not considered a living organism.
2. describe the basic structure of a virus.
3. describe lytic and lysogenic viral replication cycles.
4. list the basic structure and characteristics of Archaebacteria and
5. list the distinguishing features of the main protistan phyla.
6. describe sexual an asexual reproduction methods in unicellular and
7. list the characteristics and transmission of several protistan diseases.
8. list the characteristics and transmission of several viral diseases.
9. list the characteristics and transmission of several bacterial diseases.
10. list seven differences between bacteria and eukaryotic cells.