At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. summarize how plants are adapted to life on land.
2. distinguish between nonvascular and vascular plants.
3. describe alternation of generations in land plants.
4. describe the basic structure of a vascular plant.
5. describe the key features of the major groups of plants.
6. classify plants into one of the 12 phyla of living plants.
7. identify foods that come from plants and their dietary importance.
8. identify several non-food uses of plants.
9. identify the key features of angiosperms (flowering plants).
10. distinguish between monocot and dicot angiosperms.