At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. identify common features of animals
2. distinguish radial symmetry from bilateral symmetry.
3. identify the primary germ layers and the tissues arising from each.
4. identify the different types of body cavities and their advantages
5. describe the advantages of body segmentation.
6. list the milestones in the evolutionary development of animals.
7. summarize the functions of the body systems of animals.
8. differentiate between open and closed respiratory systems.
9. differentiate asexual and sexual reproductive strategies.
10. describe the characteristics and provide examples for the major
phyla of invertebrates.