At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. identify the key characteristics of vertebrates.
2. describe two adaptations found in early fish.
3. identify the relationship of fishes to amphibians.
4. summarize why dinosaurs became the dominant land vertebrates.
5. compare and contrast ectotherms and endotherms.
6. describe current theories about the origin of birds.
7. describe the main features of the different classes of vertebrates.
8. differentiate between marsupial and placental mammals.
9. describe characteristics of primates
10. summarize the evolutionary history of hominids.