At the end of this
unit students will be able to
1. Describe how microscopes are used to study the details of extremely
2. Compare the function of light and electron microscopes.
3. List the 3 parts of the Cell Theory
4. Identify the main scientists who contributed to the development of
the Cell Theory.
5. Discuss the relationship of cell size to cell volume.
6. Compare the structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
7. Compare plant and animal cells.
8. List and describe the structure and function of cell organelles.
9. Describe the structure and function of cell membranes.
10. Compare and contrast the different mechanisms related to movement
of molecules across cell membranes.