At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. describe how natural selection shapes behavior.
2. compare innate and learned behaviors.
3. summarize how behavior is influenced by heredity and learning.
4. describe the different types of learned behavior, including classical
conditioning, operant conditioning, trial-and-error learning, reasoning,
5. describe six basic categories of animal behavior, including foraging
behavior, migratory behavior, defensive behavior, territorial behavior,
courtship behavior, and parental care.
6. discuss how animals use signals for communication.
7. describe how sexual selection influences evolution.