At the end of this unit students will be able to
1. Describe the flow of energy through living systems.
2. Compare the metabolism of autotrophs and heterotrophs.
3. Describe the role of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) in metabolism.
4. Describe the three stages of photosynthesis and identify where each
5. Identify three environmental factors that affect the rate of photosynthesis.
6. Design an experiment to evaluate one of the factors that affects
the rate of photosynthesis.
7. Describe the three stages of cellular respiration and identify where
each stage occurs..
8. Compare aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
9. Discuss the reciprocal relationship of photosynthesis and respiration.
10. Describe the role of the chloroplast in photosynthesis and the role
of the mitochondria in cellular respiration.