At the end of this unit students
will be able to
1. Identify four examples of cell division in eukaryotic cells and one
example in prokaryotic cells.
2. Describe how changes in chromosome number or structure can affect
3. Identify the major events that characterize each of the five phases
of the cell cycle.
4. Relate the role of the cell cycle to the onset of cancer.
5. Summarize the events of the four stages of mitosis.
6. Differentiate between cytokinesis in animal and plant cells.
7. Summarize the events that occur during meiosis.
8. Compare mitosis and meiosis.
9. Differentiate between asexual and sexual reproduction.
10. Discuss the relative advantages of asexual and sexual reproduction.