At the end of this unit students will be able to
1. describe methods of measuring the amount of something.
2. define Avogadro's number as it relates to a mole of a substance.
3. distinguish between the atomic mass of an element and its molar
4. describe how the mass of a mole of a compound is calculated.
5. describe how to convert the mass of a substance to the number
of moles of a substance and moles to mass.
6. identify the volume of a quantitu of gas at STP.
7. describe how to calculate the percent by mass of an element
in a compound.
8. interpret an empirical formula.
9. distinguish between empirical and molecular forumlas.