At the end of this
chapter, the student will be able to
between physical and chemical properties.
2. list examples of physical properties.
3. describe the 3 states of matter (gas, liquid, solid) at macroscopic
and microscopic levels.
4. describe physical and chemical changes.
5. identify the signs of a chemical change/reaction.
6. categorize a sample of matter as a substance or a mixture.
7. distinguish between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.
8. describe ways of separating mixtures.
9. explain the differences between elements and compounds.
10. identify the chemical symobls of elements and name elements from
11. apply the law of conservation of mass to chemical reactions.